The Broome County Public Library's fall schedule for children's programming begins on September 21, and we sure have an action-packed autumn this year!
Our Lapsit Storytime, for children birth through three years old, will now be held every weekday morning at 10:00am. This popular storytime has stories and songs, along with some playtime for parents and children to have a chance to connect.
The Pre-School Storytime will be held on Mondays and Tuesdays at 3:00pm and on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11:00am. Siblings are also welcome at these storytimes, which feature stories, crafts and surprises!
Our canine friends will be joining us every other Saturday, 10:00am-12:00pm for the Bark-9 program. Come read to a dog - they won't bite if you make a mistake!
This fall we're introducing a new set of programs for children ages 8 to 12:
- Books & Bunches of Fun! - Wednesdays at 4:00pm - Celebrate authors' birthdays, listen to their wonderful stories, and discover something wonderful!
- Board Game Night - Wednesdays at 6:30pm - Beat the mid-week blahs with a fun night of board games!
- Art Night - Thursdays at 6:30pm - Join us in doing some creative art in the library!
- Saturday Stories - Saturdays at 1:00pm
- Saturday Swaps! - All day on Saturdays - A different swap each Saturday of the month.
And we also have a new program for all ages: TYIF (Thank you, it's Friday!) - Board games at 3:00pm on Friday afternoons.
These programs will occur on a weekly basis from September 21 through November 21, with no programs being held on October 5, October 24, and November 11. If you have any questions, please call Youth Services at 607-778-6456. You can also visit our website for more information and to download a flyer about the fall programs.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the library this fall!